In 0.8, PHP Prayer Board has received extensive changes, including a new layout and redone sytlesheet, as well as making the code
far easier to insert into an already pre-existing site. Adding can be done in a three step process:
- First, insert the following lines into every file you wish to use at the very beginning. This file handles sessions
and cookies and must be called before any page is every drawn.
Be sure to keep the '/Include' directory of PHP Prayer Board since files in the main directory will need files in there.
- Second, insert each PHP Prayer Board page into your main using the same structure as above. For example, the page for posting a
request may look like:
In the above example, the page has been designed and the pb_post.php file, which is used for handling requests, is placed within the HTML.
- Third, you need to update your site's style sheet to include the classes used by PHP Prayer Board. The classes are as follows:
- .darksmallbox - On the main list, this holds the text 'Posted by'
- .darkbox - All other boxes variate between the this style and the next
- .tinyprint - Tiny sized fonts (Mainly on login page)
- .smallprint - Small sized fonts
- .mediumprint - Medium sized fonts
- .largeprint - Large sized fonts
- .button - Customized buttons
- Finally, you need to update '/Include/pb_config.php' to let PHP Prayer Board know it is
being included in another site. This is done by making the follow changes:
- Change $bModular = false; (line 15) to $bModular = true;
- Access the admin interface (click on the link if using a user name system, go to pb_admin.php ohterwise) and replace the name of the file being inserted with the name of the file it has been inserted into.
Using our above example, "pb_post.php" would be changed to "posting.php"